Monday, December 29, 2008

Not so simple day...

I'm feeling low. When I think of the logic I know I am not alone in this but it still brings me down. I figured I would just post what I am thinking since I started this blog to be like a diary. When a mother is a SAHM, she can't help but feel that all her bad qualities are being watched and then picked up by her kids. Maybe working out of home moms feel the same way but I'm sure the pressure is much more severe for a mother who stays home. How could we not feel this way. How can you learn to not be so hard on yourself. I really think there should be groups of mothers getting together for support. I love La Leche League but even if you don't breatfeed, she still need mothering support. There really is just too much pressure to keep it all together for mothers these days. I believe in the bible as bottom line TRUTH and so I know when it tells the older woman to teach the younger to love their husbands and children (Titus 2), if that job or task is left undone for the most part in the world, something will be lacking...something will suffer. That is why so many women are lost and scared and unsure and OVERWHELMED! I am overwhelmed today.

1 comment:

Kim said...

HUGS to you. I am having the same kind of day. I think it is hard for those of us who stay at home. Something I have come to see is that the contention in my home is mainly because of me. That was a hard one to swallow. How do we relax on ourselves and how do we teach our children the right things when some days we just want to throw our hands in the air and cry? I am there with you. May your day get better.
Kim